Avoid Blind Spots to hire Top Talent!
We as a boutique search firm specializing in hiring for Sales, Leadership & Strategic roles Globally, have worked with multiple Clients. The experience had been like a rollercoaster with some very collaborative to some very deformative, but every assignment has made us learn more, improve and transform.
Whether your organization is large MNC or a Mid-Tier or a Start-up, there will always be few blind spots when it comes to Hiring practices/strategies. I have collated few blind spots, not because HR’s don’t know about it, but also due to ignorance or efforts
- Looking at Brand Penetration of your company against competitors.
- Your organisations Capabilities/Solutions/Products against your competition.
- Speaking about creating superlative Candidate Experience, fail to deliver it.
- Inconsistency of communication at across various levels of interviews. Not all interviewers on same page and understanding.
- Inconsistency around benchmarking ROLE Vs EXPECTATION Vs COMPENSATION
- Inconsistency around uniformity of content on Solutions/Products/Latest News/Awards/Adverts across various channels like company website, social media, blogs etc.
- Lack of data in decisions around compensation benchmarking, heatmaps on talent availability etc.
- Long hiring process with multiple interviews or slow decision making process.
- Lack of workplace diversity.
- No communication or delay in notifying or update on the candidate status.
- Walk the distance from being a Client-Vendor relationship to Client-Partner relationship with agencies.
To conclude, organizations needs to periodically reflect upon their recruitment process and make necessary strategies/changes to attract top talent.
In my next article, I shall publish on how to eliminate these BLIND SPOTS.