Responsibilities of the Associate Manager role include, but are not limited to:
- Manages a team of Associate Managers, Officers and/or Sr Associates or cross-functional teams in accomplishing goals and priorities
- Lead moderate to high risk or complex review activity engagements. Performs moderate to high-risk quality reviews.
- Lead complex initiatives executing moderate to high risk or complex review activities and engagements in a matrixed environment
- Communicate emerging risks with broad impact and act as key participant in large scale planning for Independent Testing
- Develop and design methodologies and standards for review activities across the enterprise in alignment with the risk management framework
- Review and research complex development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities companywide in alignment with the risk management framework
- Ensure effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls
- Assesses, documents, and communicates risks, themes and identified issues, arising out of Technology reviews, to leadership and risk partners in a timely manner. Provides status updates to key stakeholders on programs and specific reviews where warranted.
- Make decisions in complex situations requiring solid understanding of risk management framework and the risk and control environment that influence and lead enterprise testing to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with Audit, Legal, external agencies, regulatory bodies and stakeholders to resolve risk related topics
- Lead project teams and mentor individuals
- Post Graduate degree in Business, CA or related discipline
- 17+ years of Overall experience with 10+ years relevant experience in Technology risk-based testing and risk management (includes control testing, compliance, operational risk, internal audit, business process management)
- Strong fundamentals and risk knowledge of Technology based testing – Data center, Data Management, IT environment, ITGC, etc..
- 8+ years of people management experience with strong people management skills
- Ability to think critically, out of the box with a forward-looking approach and apply the risk fundamentals to unstructured scenarios
- Ability to obtain data and validate for integrity that is used for Reviews/Engagements
- Familiar with considering a broad range of issues in making decisions and holds oneself accountable for delivering on commitments and renegotiating when needed.
- Proficiently balances tasks and concerns for people’s needs.
- Familiar with building constructive and effective relationships.
- Familiar with leading and challenging others to improve the organization.
- Is the subject matter expert on testing topics (especially Technology based testing), risk types, line of business process walkthroughs, test results, quality assurance, researching, and issue identification.
- Can expertly evaluate both the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; while analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact
- Ability to effectively listen and elicit information
- Experience leading, training, and providing feedback to staff and corresponding managers
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines coupled with experience renegotiating times lines when needed.
- Proficiency with risk types, methodologies and frameworks for evaluating or testing controls and assessing results, conducting research, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive improvements.
- Proficient at influencing and consulting strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders.
- Balance strong, innovative problem solving skills with the practical ability to implement workable solutions to problems in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience of working across one or more geographic territories or regions
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum 4+ years at Big Four/super regional public accounting firm with experience in business process, regulatory, audit and/or advisory/consulting services and/or Financial Services industry
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with lines of business and other key stakeholders. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues where necessary
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC)
- Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Data Management information
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)