You would be required to work individually, or as part of a team or lead a small team of analysts on Business Intelligence & Analytics projects and work closely with business partners across the organization.
- The Lead Analytics Consultant will be a senior resource, responsible for designing, developing and delivering high performing reporting solutions and data analysis.
- Responsible for planning and performing reporting, analyses and projects to solve a variety of business issues for a department or functional area, or build analytic products/utilities.
- Lead a small team to achieve project goals and deliverables.
- Drive independent conversations around planning, design and execution of projects with diverse stakeholders.
- Develop understanding of relevant data sources and build trend analysis using statistical and/or financial analysis, process documentation, profitability analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.
- Ability to leverage data visualization tools and alternative front-end solutions to delivering data insights.
- Capable of performing ad-hoc analyses and drill down into data inconsistencies and perform root cause analysis for unusual trends and exceptions.
- Work closely with Technology partners to generate new reports or modify current work products to optimize capabilities and improve efficiency
- Follow all quality assurance processes, including periodic reviews and transitions and ensures the end product fulfills the project objectives
- Engage with US partners directly for development and implementation of all solutions and products
- Thought leadership in the field, mentoring junior team members.
- Proactively seek opportunities to contribute in areas beyond project deliverables like exploratory data analysis, best practices, reusability and automation.
- Proactively seek opportunities to deliver value above and beyond the prescribed book of work.
- 10+ (Overall Experience) years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling (Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Python, Ateryx); or a Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 7+ years of relevant experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 7+ years of SQL and Tableau programming experience
- Exposure & basic knowledge of Data Science, AI good to have.
- Knowledge on Python is desirable
o Proficient in designing and developing interactive dashboards using Tableau, Power BI.
o Strong in using heterogeneous sources for deriving complex KPIs using Tableau, Power BI
o Understand high-level business objectives and continually align the BI/Reporting roadmap to needs of the business.
o Other than Tableau, experience in MSTR, BO, SSRS, Power BI will have an advantage
o Ability to work with stakeholders to gather requirements, user stories, data requirements and translating them into technical solution design and specifications.
o Strong oral and written communication and consultative skills
o Present findings to multiple levels of audience through business reviews
o Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives.
o Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, analysis, data aggregations, and reconciliation processes.
o Ability to perform trend Analysis, forecasting and pattern recognition, data mining to produce actionable insights
o Provide exploratory data analysis using SQL
o Experience with Databases like Oracle, Teradata, SQL server, Hadoop data lake
o Strong understanding of relational databases, data quality and exposure to multiple RDBMS sources.
o Designing and implementing enterprise data and reporting architectures
o Data integration and transformation using ETL tools/Python
o Experience with structured data and semi-structured text or Excel files
- Strong collaboration skills
- High energy & strong communication skills
- Self-driven and passionate about continuous learning
- Critical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to learn the business aspects quickly
- Knowledge of functional area such as risk, marketing, operations or supply chain in banking industry would be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between projects
- Ability to work independently and/or lead a small team