In this role, you will:
• Provide strategic leadership, expertise, and consulting on Consumer & Small Business Banking risk identification and ensure timely escalation of emerging risks.
• Develop and manage a team of Business Accountability Consultants who will work with the business units within Consumer & Small Business Banking and oversee moderate to highly complex activities including Issue Management Program Administration and Line of Business Consultation and Support.
• Foster collaboration with process owners, Control Management, and Independent Risk Management partners to adequately analyze the facts and challenge assumptions to ensure proper identification of issues.
• Provide centralized issue management lifecycle expertise, ensuring adherence to enterprise policy, the Consumer & Small Business Banking Issue Management Handbook and procedures.
• Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement, risk mitigation, and control strategies.
• Determine appropriate strategies and actions, interpret and develop policies and procedures, and provide leadership to strategize and execute a variety of programs, services, initiatives, protocols, and deliverables that are moderate to high-risk within scope of responsibility.
• Collaborate with and influence all levels of professionals including senior managers.
• Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 12+ years of Business Execution, Implementation, or Strategic Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years Management experience
- 12+ years of risk management, business controls, or compliance experience
- Deep experience within the banking industry, preferably within Deposit Products and Services
- Direct experience working within the Risk and Compliance environment/discipline, with deep knowledge relating to banking risk trends, regulatory matters, control assessment and risk management.
- Experience creating, executing, and operationalizing new program(s) within a large and complex organization preferably within the banking industry.
- Superior Program management experience including roadmap creation, and stakeholder relations.
- Experienced in building and leading high-performing teams, leading through change and proven experience in developing talent.
- Strategic thinking leader with experience driving a team to achieve goals, while minimizing and mitigating risk and maintaining compliance.
- Able to synthesize material from multiple sources (e.g., presentations, SharePoint sites, regulatory materials, etc.) to create logically structured content that clearly communicates the intended topic to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with a proven ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across various management levels within an organization.
- Ability to think strategically and pivot between multiple priorities with a focus on work product/outcomes.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Extensive experience in standards and controls including ensuring effective design, assessment, monitoring and self-assurance activities
- Issue Management lifecycle knowledge