About this role:
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of applicable policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls.
- Perform gap analysis on policy requirements for risk types aligned to various operational and Change Management /Data Management /Third Party Risk Management /Resiliency / Fraud risk management.
- Provide SME support to effectively collaborate with business partners in the first line-of-defense (FLOD) and second line of defense (SLOD) in the establishment and maintenance of change/data/third party/resiliency/ fraud risk policy and processes
- Provide monitoring and independent oversight of the execution of change/data/third party/resiliency/ fraud risk as they relate to policy and standards, including the independent oversight of the build out of a new front line process dedicated to the end-to-end risk management lifecycle.
- Develop, implement, and support an effective control review and challenge process to provide transparency, accountability, and escalation of control effectiveness.
- Consult with frontline partners and other independent risk management teams of technology/information security/ Business aligned Ops Risk to open issues related to control failures.
- Validate/evaluate appropriateness, completeness, effectiveness, and sustainability of corrective actions taken to address situations defined as issues.
- Provide leadership and guidance to impacted stakeholders around control framework requirements aligned to change/data/third party/resiliency/ fraud and disaster recovery control implementation.
- Manage and develop an Operational Risk team of individual contributors and managers in roles with moderate complexity and risk
- Engage and influence stakeholders, internal partners, and Compensation peers associated with Compensation functional area or who are affected by its outcomes
- Manage the development, implementation, and monitoring of a risk-based program for a business or large functional area with moderate to high risk to identify, assess, and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events
- Maintain a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency
- Establish and assure execution of operational risk programs companywide with considerable risk and multiple regulatory environments
- Provide operational risk expertise and consulting to complex business units for initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines
- Consult with and influence executive leadership, operational risk, and business management to identify, formulate, and implement operational risk policies, procedures and controls
- Ensure reporting, escalation, and remediation of issues, deficiencies, or regulatory matters regarding operational risk to leaders, committees, and appropriate business management
- Lead initiatives that cross multiple lines of business in scope with significant impact and risk
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced leaders
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Manage communication and collaboration with business heads, Legal, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Operational Risk
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- 18+ years of experience in Technology/Info Sec/Change/Data/Third party/Resiliency/Fraud or 20+ years of financial services industry experience which must include direct experience in Change, Data, Resiliency along with a strong background in operational risk management (including audit or legal) experience.
- Experience performing risk assessment, control evaluation, risk reporting and issue management on various risks, inclusive of but not limited to, information security risk, business resiliency and disaster recovery.
- Ability to lead SME team members and provide them direction on oversight priorities.
- Extensive experience on senior management reporting, board reporting, ability to deep dive into control metrics
- Good exposure in interacting with Global process owners, Enterprise Senior leaders to influence and shape the RTT Oversight deliverables.
- Working knowledge of local and European/US banking guidelines related to various risk types and outsourcing in financial services (OCC, FRB, RBI, BSP) and able to apply that knowledge to sound risk management practices
- Industry recognized certifications such as CISM, CRISC, CISA, ITIL
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to challenge for material areas of improvement and articulate risk impact
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization and present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management.
Other desirable skills experience
- Broad knowledge of operational risk frameworks, industry trends and the issues faced by financial institutions today.
- Background and experience in risk management of Technology, information Security, Application Development will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge on enterprise risks, i.e., front office and middle office processes/controls.
- Experience developing risk metrics and trending reports.
- Strong organization and detail-oriented skills, with proven ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions.
- Highly proactive, able to work both independently and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with virtual and/or geographically dispersed teams.