About the Role
This role will be aligned to CIB Independent Testing & Validation group. The Independent Testing & Validation team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
The right candidate at Ent Testing VP will be leading the CIB Independent Testing & Validation group in India and Philippines, the accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manages a team of Managers, Sr Officers and/ or Officers or cross-functional teams in accomplishing department goals and priorities.
- Creates a culture of excellence by proactively attracting, retaining and developing a team of talented and diverse professionals.
- Leads high priority, high risk, or high complexity review activity engagements. Performs high risk quality review.
- Develops, maintains and executes the Annual Plan. Establishes benchmarks for timely tracking and completion.
- Triages critical or high risk issues and determine next steps. Identifies repeat issues and ensure documented appropriately. Provides thoughtful independent credible challenge to lines of business, across risk programs and the enterprise.
- Sustains a strong risk culture that identifies and provides oversight and escalation of existing and emerging risk issues and common themes across business groups.
- Provides status updates to key stakeholders on programs and specific reviews where warranted and provides transparency and accuracy to regulators, Audit, other internal risk and line of business stakeholders.
- Leads initiatives that cross multiple lines of business in scope with significant impact/risk.
- Builds relationships and manages communication with corporate, business heads, Legal, Audit, regulators and industry partners on risk related topics.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing, able to ask well-crafted questions and present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, good listener who engenders creative thinking and teamwork.
- An ability to develop and articulate sound proposals to key stakeholders, and an ability to influence and drive timely decision making.
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 18+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, business process management) or 18+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in FLOD risk management demonstrated through work.
- Leadership experience of managing Managers and leading cross functional large teams