About the role
This is a specialist Emergency Manager role. The position will report locally to the Head of BCP, Incident Management and Resiliency and will be responsible for supporting Incident Manager in Enterprise Incident Management. The team would be functionally aligned to the Enterprise Resiliency Team
- Risk-based guidance to lines of business and leadership in response to critical incidents
- Risk Monitoring, guidance and support of team members traveling globally/in-region
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis on a wide range of issues pertaining to global incidents, such as: terrorism, natural disasters, crime trends, as well as international politics to understand potential impact to areas where our client has locations or business travelers. Produce actionable deliverables, communicate threats, assessment and safe response actions in a timely manner for any and all incidents
- Situational Awareness and Life Safety Risk Management: Monitor geopolitical events that may impact international travel, company events, and/or operations, provide travelers with guidance and support
- Create reports and products, including but not limited to incident assessments and travel risk advisories
- Conduct regular monitoring of online open source intelligence, social media platforms, and vendor tools for known and potential threats to our client locations, team members, or business travelers
- Site based emergency management including risk-based life-safety plan development, facilitation of plan Exercise and Maintenance requirements (emergency response procedures simulation, plan walkthrough, desktop scenarios) for Safety and Fire Emergency (SAFE) Plan Development and Site Emergency Management Plans (SEMP)
- Support Wells Fargo’s role in critical infrastructure protection - Foster partnerships and trusted relationships for preparedness, improved resilience of the critical infrastructure
- Develop and maintain excellent working and reciprocal relationships
Market Skills and Certifications:
- At least 15 years’ experience in managing operations at scale with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the international risk management, BCP, resiliency and incident management area
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations. Experience in crisis management, risk communication, military, threat or hazard analysis and/or emergency planning and training would be pertinent for this role.
- Broad professional experience, including prior international work experience/travel or experience working as part of a globally dispersed team.
- Self-motivated with the ability and maturity to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Extremely strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think globally with a company-wide perspective
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to function independently in stressful situation
- Combination of education (e.g. BS or BA) and relevant certifications e.g. Certification in Emergency Management, homeland security, threat analysis
- A sound knowledge of global current affairs and the potential impacts on international business travelers
- Understanding of resilience, emergency management, and critical infrastructure protection issues such as threat assessment, risk, and vulnerabilities and protective and mitigation strategies
- Focus on risk reduction, resilience and/or critical infrastructure protection in a collaborative setting such as through partnerships between the public and private sectors
Must be willing to travel (10-20%)
- Brings a professional network of industry and law enforcement relationships.
Understanding of geographic, cultural, language, infrastructure and other factors relevant to travel risk management, emergency planning, partnership and critical incident response