- The individual will be responsible to lead the Credit Risk team. India team development including driving hiring, training, development and retaining of strong analytical capabilities for the analysts. Manages a team of Associate Managers, Officers, Sr Associates and/or Associates in accomplishing goals and priorities.
- Leverage advanced predictive analytics, and expert knowledge of credit risk mitigation tools and techniques to detect and mitigate existing and upcoming risks in the portfolio
- Develop and optimize strategies across various acquisition channels, build business cases to enhance risk management, customers experience and contribute to sustainable and profitable business growth;
- Conduct comprehensive analyses to assure timely monitoring of strategy efficacy and accuracy, minimizing credit/operating losses and reputation/compliance risk exposure;
- Partner closely with product/marketing, system & technology, finance, compliance and other Card business areas to develop risk criteria and propose new strategies;
- Collaborate with various credit, deposit and product groups and external vendors to develop effective ways to manage account decisions, leveraging best practices and new data/tools;
- Create and share monitoring reporting and diagnostics on various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, mix, delinquency, loss rate, usage/revenue and profitability performance information informing line strategy decisions;
- Drives the discovery of new risk segmentation attributes and recommending value-added and practical solutions for risk management strategy enhancements via sound statistical methods by effectively mining rich and complex data sources.
- Stay at the leading edge of emerging trends and capabilities in the domains of consumer, credit, risk detection and prevention, with emphasis on digital.
- Lead implementation of complex initiatives with moderate to high risk for the line of business.
- Manage communication and collaboration with business heads, Legal, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics.
- Manage a team of Lead and Senior consultants or cross-functional teams in accomplishing goals and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 10+ years of progressive experience in risk or analytics
- 10+ years of credit risk experience in cards/unsecured lending
- 3+ years of management experience leading sizeable teams of analysts / risk professionals
- Strong Credit Risk analytics skills and comprehensive understanding of cards P&L and risk drivers
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools such as Segmentation Tools, Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, and other analytical techniques
- Ability to design and structure complex data & modelling framework for monitoring and analytical reporting
- Ability to lead project teams and coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card lending practices, policies, and procedures
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions and coordinate with multiple stakeholders. Develop consensus and gain buy-in for strategic priorities
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of the key factors impacting credit offerings, including credit risks and regulatory requirements
- Understanding of risk management practices, extensive knowledge of financial cash flow / NPV model analysis
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.