About the Role
The official job title is Financial Accounting Senior Manager. This is a key leader who will lead the accounting function of CapitalMarkets function for processes like Derivatives, Securitization, Foreign Exchange Accounting and Reporting, Hedge Fund Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Private Equities Accounting, Balance and Controls, Preparation of Financial Statements, Accounting, Reconciliations, and Reporting etc. This role will be responsible to manage day-to-day operations, ensure governance including Monthly Business Reviews , Quarterly Business Reviews s etc.
- Should be conversant with activities of Front Office and Middle Office activities and also should be able to understand, asses the data flow between various systems and sub-systems used in a typical Capital Markets environment
- Familiarity with various financial instruments in Capital Markets
- Will manage medium to large operation with multiple units and/or multiple sites, taking a leadership role in the group, area or function
- Typically manages subordinate managers or professional teams
- Has accountability for units' financial and operational performance
- Develops and implements shorter-term strategies with low-to-moderate financial risk and that could impact functions or activities outside the group.
- He/she will be a subject matter expert who will in turn be expected to lead a set of frontline managers, Subject Matter Experts s and specialists. This role will be responsible to manage day-to-day operations, ensure governance including Monthly Business Reviews , Quarterly Business Reviews
- Will be responsible to deliver on all agreed SLAs and key metrics and will be the SPOC for the functional owner from the Accounting Center Of Excellence.
- Will be responsible to drive automation and be able to identify other transformational ideas to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Will also be responsible for managing, reporting, career path and R&R related activities for their Direct Reports and also lead/engage and deliver towards organization level initiatives.
- CPA or CFA or MBA (Finance)
- Professional experience in accounting operations including experience in one or a combination of the following: capital markets, finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting.
- 18+ years of operational experience in a GCC or a third party services organization and in managing F&A processes of at least 50+ FTE size, (preferably BFSI Finance processes and specifically in the Capital Markets space).
- Knowledge of software development process and methodologies.
- Strong and effective interpersonal communication (written and oral), organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts/relationships, including executive/senior-level managers.
- Preferable to have prior experience in F&A solution design / transitions (2-3 years).
- IFRS exposure would be an added plus.
- Flexible to work US hours.
- Prior financial services specific to Capital Markets/industry experience
- Experience in moving an organization along operational maturity model curve
- Knowledge of accounting applications
- Prior exposure to accounting, reconciliation processes and correction mechanisms
- Experience with enterprise initiatives supporting regulatory mandates
- Demonstrated relationship management ability with a background in operations and technologies
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Excel – Usage of Pivot table, V lookup, tracing formulas, running macros and exposure to key accounting tools like Oracle Financials, Essbase etc., would be an added plus