In this highly valued role, you will manage multiple Center of Excellence (COEs) including Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence (BI), Analytic Quality Review and Modeling. This leadership role is highly visible across the verticals and horizontal functions. Incumbent is expected to manage highly matrixed organizations, with additional responsibility to grow the analytic practice serving lines of business and support functions.
- Supporting NLP, ML and AI operational teams with the advanced know-how blending theory and practice
- Providing both technical consulting to business leaders at an appropriate level of information encapsulation
- Work closely with innovation group, think tanks within the organization and across the industry
- Oversee development of predictive modeling algorithms using statistical tools, statistical modeling, optimization, algorithm development to synthesize large data sets
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- 18 plus years in similar analytics role
- PhD or Master’s degree in operations research, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioural sciences with a quantitative emphasis.
- ~10 years advanced programming exposure in SAS or Python including SQL
- ~10 years of consumer, consumer banking experience
- ~10 years of experience with relational databases Teradata, Oracle or similar database
- Must be able to offer thought leadership at a meta level – think about information cascade required for BI set up
- Hands on industry experience in building large scale end-to-end machine learning systems using a combination of big data tools and programming languages like Scala, Java and/or Python
- Knowledge of parallel and distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, MPI, using GPUs
- Experience in machine learning areas such as recommender systems, NLP, pattern recognition, predictive modeling, Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms such as support vector machines, decision trees, logistic regression, clustering, neural networks, graphical models etc
- Data exploration and preparation using SAS / SQL or R or any statistical tool. At least 3-5 projects with hands-on experience in the area of data science (AI, ML, NLP) with demonstrable knowledge of analytical, technical, statistical and foundational aspects
- 8+ years of good team handling experience of managing people and projects
- Able to guide, mentor and provide technical assistance to the team
- Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles/mines data from multiple, cross business sources; recommends and consults in the development of complex analysis designs
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies. Data involved may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills, writing white papers is a plus
- Prior experience of attending prestigious conferences as an attendee or as panelist or speaker is weighed heavily
- Proven experience in the area of innovation evidenced by successful holding of one or more patents
- Visiting faculty or expert professionals, with the ability to see through the product roadmap for 2 or more years may have an edge in the interview process