The newly created Control Senior Manager role within the Central Control QA Center of Excellence will work directly with the Risk Identification and Assessment organization to execute quality assurance (QA) activities for internal and/or external operational risk event (ORE) records and reporting.
The newly created Control Senior Manager role within the Central Control QA Center of Excellence will work directly with the Risk Identification and Assessment organization to execute quality assurance (QA) activities for internal and/or external operational risk event (ORE) records and reporting. This individual will ensure that QA activities are executed in accordance with the appropriate frameworks and to ensure that significant and emerging risks are captured as they arise. The Manager will coordinate with the ORE team to develop and maintain QA assessments and reporting as well as provide trends analysis, process and business expertise and insights to drive improved ORE outcomes and decisions via data analysis, reporting, process redesign and KPIs. Additionally, the role will collaborate across BG/EFs to review and communicate process improvement opportunities and program enhancements.
- Ensures that ORE QA activities, documentation and assessments are completed in an effective and timely manner
- Documents QA work activity in accordance with established procedures, team standards and best practices that are transparent to an independent third party
- Identifies QA findings and escalates to the ORE team for additional feedback and/or confirmation
- Provides summary insights and analytics appropriate for each BG/EF and across aggregate ORE QA data, leveraging thematic reviews and other assessments to identify opportunities for process improvements and operational excellence
- Develops business partnerships with BG/EF ORE teams and delivers value to the by recommending opportunities for continuous improvement of ORE reporting, data elements management and key indicators.
- Identifies and escalate opportunities to enhance ORE processes and procedure, to include identification of learning opportunities and content based on QA trends
- Builds and sustains a strong risk culture that identifies and provides oversight and escalation of existing and emerging compliance and operational risk issues
- Manage, mentor and guide the QA team across all required activities. Strong people Manager who can build the team from scratch, set high standards and deliver high quality results
18+ years of experience in risk management or 18+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
3+ years of management experience/Audit experience
- Strong expertise in control evaluation testing and/or QC/QA methodologies and techniques, including process and standards development, execution and reporting.
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and best practices around monitoring, testing, quality assurance and risk management processes
- Strong experience in data automation along with advanced excel and report generation skills
- Risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality output from self and team
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, coupled with an ability to translate ambiguous ideas/issues into well-defined plans/solutions with a track-record for delivering results
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across various levels within the organization. Experience working in a matrixed environment and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive challenge, doing so independently when necessary
- Strong listening and communications skills (both written and oral) with the ability to convey complex information and ideas, including complex data sets, both simply and clearly
- Leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes
- Advanced Microsoft Power Point experience, including visual storytelling
- Strong Excel experience to analyze and manage large data sets to include data visualization/mining, ability to gather, analyze, interpret and explain complex data sets
- BS/BA degree or higher, MBA or other advanced degree from a top program preferred
- Has an eye for detail and able to identify and escalate issues