About the Role
This role will be aligned to Operations Control Management and will report to the Control Executive organizations to support Operations Controls in proactive risk and control identification and assessment in alignment with the control management framework.
- Experience managing risk and control identification and assessment activities
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on risk and control effectiveness.
- Counsel and escalate the interpretation of RCSA, Internal Control Program (ICP) and Enterprise Risk ID and Assessment (ERIA) policy, guidelines, and governance programs.
- Provide expert level risk management acumen to business for designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls.
- Aggregate, evaluate, reports results and escalates to the Senior Management.
- Design and execute control effectiveness assurance programs for Front Line-owned controls.
- Lead implementation of complex initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines.
- Aggregates, evaluates, reports on results and escalates where necessary.
- Interface with Audit, Legal, external agencies, and other control teams regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs.
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks across all risk types, in coordination with LOB and assurance activities consistent with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management.
- Assesses, documents, and communicates emerging risks, themes and identified control deficiencies to management and risk partners in a timely manner.
- Cultivates strong relationships with team and collaborate effectively. Ensures coordination with team, line of business, other business units, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics and provide risk perspective and recommendations as appropriate.
- Completes applicable documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Creates a culture of excellence by proactively attracting, retaining and developing a team of talented and diverse professionals.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing, able to ask well-crafted questions and present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, good listener who engenders creative thinking and teamwork.
- An ability to develop and articulate sound proposals to key stakeholders, and an ability to influence and drive timely decision making.
- Interfaces internally with the team, corporate, line of business, and risk partners. Interfaces externally with third party service providers and industry partners on risk related topics.
- Manages a team of Managers, Associate Managers, Senior Officers, Officers, Senior Associates, and Associates or cross-functional teams in accomplishing goals.
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- Experience in business process, RCSA, or ERIA developing and implementing enterprise programs
- Proven ability to identify and implement value propositions
- Experience in designing, monitoring and or remediation of controls
- Experience in developing and or monitoring key risk indicators
- A deep understanding of enterprise risk management framework including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships.
- Technical understanding of operations, processes, and responsibilities.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end risk management solutions and controls aligned with group’s processes.
- Ability to evaluate changes to laws, processes, etc. to assess impacts and to develop implementation plan to close gaps
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management and or operations process management