About the Role:
Commercial Credit Decision Modeling team is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead teams supporting model development, origination strategy, model monitoring, risk reporting, analytics and data management to improve the credit decisioning for consumer and commercial portfolios
- Lead the multidisciplinary team to deliver best in class credit risk management practices to enhance the credit decision risk framework, executing on key initiatives and processes across products and lines of businesses in consumer and commercial portfolios.
- Determining business rules and strategies that maximizes profits and/or asset growth and minimizes credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures
- Lead strategic initiatives and process for consumer and commercial businesses through conceptualizing, developing and deploying advanced analytical solutions in a high performing environment.
- Provide credit risk governance and oversight driving credit culture, risk appetite and business performance. Act as a technical expert and Advice and counsel executive leadership on highly complex issues.
- Assess and predict risk and performance through business analysis and/or modeling. Establish effective policies, processes, and tools to identify and manage risks. Use predictive sciences for developing future ready solutions. Drive continued exploration of innovative analytic techniques, process and tools to facilitate adoption of latest industry advancements.
- Design, develop and manage an efficient interaction model for this multidisciplinary team to ensure consistent delivery across the functional teams. Develop the necessary structure to manage the growing needs of the business while increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the teams.
- Develop a high performance team including responsibilities for recruiting, training, coaching and retaining strong analytical capabilities for the analysts that support the various functional areas of credit risk management
- Communicate effectively with Sr. Management and stakeholders across all areas of the organization.
- Manage a team of Managers, Associate Managers, Sr, Officers, Officers and/or Sr Associates in accomplishing goals and priorities.
- To be effective in this position, you will need to have a deep understanding of credit from an acquisitions perspective, a broad and strategic perspective on risk management, practice in the test and learn discipline for strategy development, understand the latest tools and technologies in credit decision cycle and be fluent in both the key technical tools of credit risk decisioning and sound credit judgment.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 15+ years’ experience in risk analytics, model development, model methodologies, scorecard development including 5+ years of management experience, in a risk environment
- Experience with Credit Scoring, risk modeling, application scorecard development
- 5+ years of management experience leading sizeable teams of analysts and managers
- Strong Credit Risk analytics skills and comprehensive understanding of risk drivers
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools such as Segmentation Tools, Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, and other analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and its application in risk management
- Ability to lead project teams and coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced degree or PhD in statistics, finance, math, engineering or similar quantitative disciplines
- Excellent analytical ability in interpreting data, analytical results to draw insights to develop credit scoring models and help business manage the credit risk effectively.
- Familiarity with U.S based Bureau Data
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to connect dots, see big picture and find solutions and articulate in a clear manner.
- Understanding of process, methodologies used in credit scoring model development, implementation, validation and monitoring
- Strong writing skills necessary for the review of highly detailed model documentation and reporting
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions and coordinate with multiple stakeholders. Develop consensus and gain buy-in for strategic priorities
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- User-focused mindset with the intent to solve forecasting and risk problems rather than solely focusing on technical purity.
- Familiarity with programming in Python, SAS, R, and SQL.
- Experience working with US regulations, in particular the OCC and FRB