|Posted on : 2021-07-17||Head (VP) Of Construction Management - Corporate Properties Group For A MNC Banks Captive Unit. Exp: 16+ Years, Loc: Hyd/Blr||Location : Hyderabad/Bengaluru|
|Last Date to Apply||2021-07-25|
Reporting locally to the Head of Corporate Properties (CPG) and globally to the Corporate Properties Construction Management Group, this position is responsible for overall construction projects to be delivered across India and the Philippines. The total facilities footprint is currently more than 3 million sq.ft. with an additional 2+ million coming online in the next 3 years. This role will also oversee property projects in the APAC region, however will be based in India at any of Client’s locations – Chennai, Bangalore or Hyderabad.
This role requires a strong experience in delivery of large property projects. A strong understanding of all packages in project development including civil/interior works, electrical works, MEP works, FAPA/FS systems, BMS systems etc. and an understanding of risk management related to construction projects plus local India and Philippines regulations will be a key advantage.
Key aspects of managing the operation include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Responsible, directly and through construction project managers, for managing all activities and personnel associated with construction projects within the assigned region. May be required to personally manage large complex construction projects. These projects may be in the home country or abroad and in many cases would involve remotely managing one or more complex projects simultaneously.
2. Project Planning - Assist the corporate leasing team in identification of properties as per the internal growth requirements and overall project requirements. Responsible for the project planning process including development of project plan, schedules, budgets, execution methodology basis inputs received from developer, vendors and other key internal/external stakeholders.
3. Design Development - Responsible for the design development process by way of providing technical inputs, guidance on internal design standards/protocols, being the point of escalation for all consultants (including architects), and coordinating internal discussions with all relevant stakeholders/departments. Overall responsibility of freezing and signing off on the final design scheme & layouts.
4. Project Management - Responsible for the project management process by way of providing technical inputs across the project lifecycle ranging from co-ordination with SCM for vendor selection related matters, providing oversight over the construction/fit out process, managing key aspects such as cost, timelines, changes management including variation and claims management, risk management, HSE management amongst other areas
5. Project Close Out & Commissioning - Responsible for project commissioning & close out. Responsibilities include ensuring efficient and effective commissioning of all systems as per contract terms and conditions, handover of relevant drawings, manuals, and warranty/guarantee certificates amongst other areas. Overall responsibility of financial closure of projects including certification of vendor invoices and signing off on work completed. Ensuring sign off by other stakeholders such as corporate security etc. and ensuring smooth handover of the facility to the property management/admin team as per internal guidelines and process.
6. Other areas: Responsible for meeting the projects related sustainability/Wellness agenda including aspects such as LEED compliance/Well Certification etc.
7. While the individual shall be supported by regional CPM's and other external consultants such as architects, cost consultants, technical consultants, LEED consultants etc. they shall have overall responsibility for all project related matters for all new builds/refurbishment/redevelopment projects. The role would also act as the single point of escalation (above the CPM's) for all external/internal stakeholders for all project related matters.
8. Implementing CMO methodology & ensuring compliance to all internal process with respect to project development
9. Ensuring all risk management & audit related requirements are met during the course of project development. Responsible for identification, managing & mitigating risks across the project lifecycle. Ensuring effective documentation and its retention.
Unique Knowledge & Skill Requirement:
1. A technical and strong back ground on construction project/program management. In-depth design and execution understanding of all packages in project development including civil/interior works, electrical works, MEP works, FAPA/FS systems, BMS systems etc. Ability to manage complex projects and experienced multi locational teams in addition to exercising oversight on day to day challenges in order to drive and implement project delivery. Demonstrated ability to identify/manage key project risks and meet the project budgets/time lines.
2. Experience of handling multiple large scale projects across India and South East Asia (at least 1 million Square ft.) with in depth market knowledge on products & leading industry & regional practices. Hands on experience in the use of project management tools such as MSP, Primavera and design tools such as AutoCAD. Ability to use and work on these tools in the daily course of business.
3. Ability to successfully lead a team of 7-10 people who would be construction professionals.
4. A solution mindset and excellent problem-solving skills.
5. Strong knowledge of sustainability and how to ensure these requirements are included in any new projects / refresh projects. LEED A/P or Green Associate preferred. Knowledge of Wellness and how these can be included in any new / refresh projects.
6. Key Linkages (external): Developers, Architects, PMC, Other Consultants and Construction Vendors
7. Key Linkages (internal): Risk, HR, CSR, SCM, Legal, Finance, Technology, SEZ, Facilities, Security and Admin
8. Direct span of control: All regional CPM's – 7 to 10
9. Typical Educational Qualifications: Graduate in Civil Engineering/Architecture + Masters in Construction Management/Project Management/Real Estate (or equivalent)- Additional certifications such as PMP, Prince 2 would be desirable.
10. Total Work Experience: 15 Years
11. Indicative relevant work experience: 10 Years
|Salary||65-75L Fixed + Variables|
|Industries Type||Real Estate|
|Employement Type||Full Time|
|Education||Graduate in Civil Engineering/Architecture + Masters in Cons|