Senior Manager (Corporate Title – Vice President) as part of Chief Control Executive organization, will lead a team of quality assurance professionals responsible for reviewing control evaluations as well as other areas in operational risk management life cycle.
As a senior leader in central control team, the Senior Manager will also be expected to assess the current environment and identify others areas within the risk and control self-assessment lifecycle that can be brought under the purview of quality assurance (eg. RCSA, Issue Management etc.) in consultation with senior stakeholders.
The Senior Manager, Quality Assurance will be responsible for:
- Lead a team of risk /quality assurance professionals as they carry out all phases of control evaluation QA assessments. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for selecting a representative sample of completed control evaluations each month, distributing work to the QA team, driving accountability for timely QA completion, and supporting the QA assessors in providing QA results to the control evaluation teams
- Vocal leader in the Controls Evaluation program who develops business partnerships with Controls Evaluation teams and delivers value to the teams by providing credible challenge and stressing the importance of continuous improvement
- Provide quarterly reporting to Chief Control Executive organization leaders on the results of QA assessments, including quarter over quarter trends
- Identify and escalate opportunities to enhance Control Evaluation procedures and/or develop/update learning content based on QA trends
- Maintain all QA procedures and templates in alignment with Control Evaluation procedures and best practices
- Create a culture of excellence by proactively developing a team of talented and diverse risk professionals to support the execution of the Control Evaluation program
- Identify other QA opportunities and enhance team capabilities to deliver on increased Assurance activities.
- Mentor / guide team members and oversee the completion of all assurance activities and documentation from governance perspective
- Lead and contribute to activities other than BAU that are run at the group or function level.
- Creates a culture of excellence by proactively attracting, retaining and developing a team of talented and diverse professionals.
- An ability to develop and articulate sound proposals to key stakeholders, and an ability to influence and drive timely decision making.
- Interfaces internally with the team, corporate, line of business, and risk partners. Interfaces externally with third party service providers and industry partners on risk related topics.
- Overall 18-20 years of which 12-15 years of experience in quality assurance / risk management and financial services industry; domains could include compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management etc. with a significant component of quality assurance
- Hands on / extensive Quality Assurance expertize will be an advantage
- Risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive improvements.
- Audit or internal control evaluation experience
- Familiar with various quality assurance techniques
- Extensive experience designing and executing control testing programs, including the development of consistent standards and methodologies
- Expert-level knowledge of industry standards and best practices around monitoring, testing, quality assurance and risk management processes
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing, able to ask well-crafted questions and present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, good listener who engenders creative thinking and teamwork
- Organizational courage and willingness to make tough, informed decisions and thoughtfully share independent perspectives
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- An ability to develop and articulate sound proposals to key stakeholders, and an ability to influence and drive timely decision making
- Effectively communicates in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, coupled with an ability to translate ambiguous ideas/issues into well-defined plans/solutions with a track-record for delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality output from self and team
- Ethical integrity and proven ability to serve as a role model by reinforcing and demonstrating to your employees the core values and behavioral expectations contained in Company’s Vision, Values & Goals