About the Role
The Independent Testing & Validation team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
Market Job Description:
Responsibilities of the Enterprise Testing Associate Manager role include, but are not limited to:
- Manages a team in accomplishing goals and priorities
- Leads moderate to high risk review activity engagements. Performs moderate to high-risk quality reviews
- Develops, maintains and executes the annual testing plan
- Escalates any critical or high risk issues to appropriate leadership. Identifies potential corrective actions, and follows through on reporting, escalation, and resolution. Ensures issues are identified and documented. Provides thoughtful independent credible challenge to lines of business, across risk programs and the enterprise
- Assesses, documents, and communicates emerging risks, themes and identified issues to leadership and risk partners in a timely manner. Provides status updates to key stakeholders on programs and specific reviews where warranted
- Leads implementation of complex and strategic initiatives with moderate risk and complexity
- Manages communication and collaboration with business heads, Legal, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics
The successful candidate will be a team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Candidates with extensive experience in preparing or reviewing regulatory returns including capital adequacy, liquidity coverage, recovery planning etc. are encouraged to apply.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in risk management includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, business process management)
- 6+ years must include direct experience in regulatory reporting and testing
- 8+ years of leadership experience including people management experience
- Data management experience, which may include a combination of risk management, compliance, or data governance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches
- Understanding of data management risk principles
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements in financial industry
- Knowledge of BCBS239 principles and compliance
- Ability to summarize and recommend new strategies/solutions.
- Strong ability to research, trend, and analyze data.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with various levels of management, including senior leaders and executives.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum four/five years at Big Four/super regional public accounting firm with experience in business process, regulatory, or IT audit and/or business process, regulatory, or advisory/consulting service
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk
Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with lines of business and technology. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary