About the Role
This role with report to the Head of Markets Finance who is based in the United States. The role itself will be located in Bengaluru. The person in this role will manage the Market’s daily P&L and management reporting, analytics, and reconciliation activities, and will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership over the Market’s daily P&L and management reporting, analytics, and reconciliations, primarily for the firm’s trading activities;
- Act as subject matter expert on Capital Markets products, ensuring the P/L and financial reporting for trading activities in this area is reported consistently and accurately across the enterprise;
- Oversee the preparation of weekly/monthly management reports/financial highlights for the Macro as well as sub-LoB levels as appropriate;
- Lead the analytics and reporting of monthly expense trends to support LoB/finance leaders in expense optimization/allocation efforts;
- Lead process and technology improvement initiatives that align with enterprise-wide tactical and strategic plan;
- Product Control demands highly specialized and skilled personnel in order to succeed. In this regard, the manager is required to recruit, train, and retain the best talent available;
- Ensure compliance with internal guidelines (e.g. COSO controls), and internal and external audit recommendations;
- Lead effort to improve upon internal controls through critical evaluation of current environment, with the goal of implementing consistent, industry best practices across the enterprise;
- Close partnership and constant interactions with the US based finance team, product controllers, and LoB CFOs will be critical to the success of this role;
- This role will require close and efficient communication and partnership with various groups, including the Independent Price Validation (IPV) group, Front Office, Market Risk, Group Controllers, and senior management;
- Utilize the firm’s P&L attribution to validate the reported P&L;
- Identify and escalate to senior management issues related to the booking and reporting of trading gains and losses, along with proposed solutions;
- Analyze manual adjustments to the daily P&L to ensure they are accurate and being utilized appropriately;
- Collaborate closely with the Independent Price Validation (IPV) group to identify anomalies and issues with the valuation of the firm’s trading securities;
- Provide high quality commentary on P&L and balance sheet drivers, and assist with internal and external communications;
- Must have a solid understanding of the legal entities on which trading activities are conducted, and ensure the P&L is reported correctly on each entity;
- Work with U.S. partners to ensure specific regulatory reporting requirements around P&L and Balance Sheet are properly reported;
- Look for opportunities to leverage new or improved analytical tools;
- P&L Production and oversight will include both comprehensive P&L and clean P&L.
- BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business.
- 20 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: analytics, reporting, finance, or accounting.
- 13+ years of leadership experience. The experience must reflect proven ability to build, train, and grow high performing teams.
- 10+ years of experience with Product Control function at a large bank.
- Understanding of capital markets products and corresponding risk measures for the purposes of analyzing changes to P&L and providing explanation to the senior management and the regulators.