About the Role
The Market Reporting & Analytics team is responsible for budgeting, forecasting and analysis that drive strategic decisions and business outcomes for the CIB Markets line of business. This function reports to the Head of CIB Markets Finance with accountability to the CIB Finance FP&A function. This role reports to the manager of Markets Reporting & Analytics who is responsible for managing the financial forecast and budget to support business goals and to improve efficiency ratio through effective partnership, influence and alignment.
- Produce daily & weekly balance sheet reporting for the Macro LOB including identifying changes in balance sheet lines and researching and commenting on major drivers of changes in balance sheet usage;
- Produce monthly expense and headcount trend analysis to identify variance to forecasts and changes in actuals that could necessitate changes to future forecast periods;
- Assist in the upload of expense and headcount forecast for each of the Markets LOBs into the Dodeca system;
- Review changes in balance sheet yields to identify inconsistencies in forecast and highlight material changes in net interest income;
- Produce monthly financial reporting packages for regulator meetings and obtain variance comments;
- Update Markets balance sheet and net interest income forecast comparing current period to prior period in order to understand business and balance sheet lines driving changes to the forecast;
- Produce monthly expense trends file for Macro LOBs using Essbase;
- Produce monthly Macro financials highlights reporting detailing revenue and expenses by LOB;
- Update quarterly broker dealer financials package and assist with documenting variances across period;
- Ad-hoc reporting as needed..
- Supporting the LOB leadership from a finance perspective, including providing consultative financial support and business analytics to enable business strategy, activities and initiatives;
- Ownership and analysis of financial projections, actual period-end results, and other required LOB financial submissions;
- Governance ad oversight over the LOB’s management and legal entity reporting;
- Risk management and stewardship of sound financial and operational internal controls and processes;
- Financial oversight of product pricing, customer profitability, Investor Relations support materials and any significant in-business financial analysis used to support business decision making;
- Cost and expense management, including financial oversight of project investments, compensation models and Efficiency & Effectiveness program reporting;
- Establishing strong partnerships with Enterprise Finance and other business partners, including Controllers, Treasury, Risk, HR, Legal, etc.;
- Maintaining a team characterized by deep functional and technical subject matter expertise, and a team culture consistent with the Company’s Vision and Values.
- CA/CPA/CFA or MBA with 10-15 yrs. of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting concepts, methodologies and systems. (GAAP, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting)
- Ability to perform complex analyses, build financial models, draw conclusions, and communicate recommendations to business leaders.
- Experience working in global teams.
- Business acumen in Markets trading businesses, strategy, or related role covering the financial services industry (in particular, the banking industry).
- Advanced Essbase knowledge preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build and maintain partnership with key stakeholders and partners.
- Experience in preparing presentations with thoughtful narratives for executive management team.
- Ability to coordinate projects to improve processes and systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to synthesize and effectively communicate complex financial concepts to a variety of audiences through excellent written and presentation skills.
- Ability to be agile, flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs