This position is responsible for overall sourcing and category management portfolio for areas such as Real Estate and Facilities management, Technology, HR and Operations and Professional Services across India and the Philippines. This includes all sourcing services supporting the local geographies as well as enterprise SCM. The team size is expected to be in the range of 15-50 and total spend managed will be in the USD 100MM range. This role will be based in India at any of the locations – Chennai, Bangalore or Hyderabad.
This role requires a strong experience in Supply Chain category management across contracting, negotiating, vendor and business relationship management and third party risk management. A strong understanding and capability in compliance management across US, India and Philippines regulations, specifically on areas like financial crimes, anti-bribery, FCPA etc. will be crucial. Experience with multinational organizations and operations within the SEZ and PEZA ambit will be a key advantage.
Key aspects of managing the operation include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build a strong alignment with the Enterprise SCM Strategic Sourcing team. Lead a team of Strategic Sourcing professionals to align and execute enterprise sourcing strategies and supplier capabilities to achieve business objectives.
- Delivery of services
- Deliver a high level of stakeholder experience in all touchpoints.
- Develop a strong working relationship with assigned LOB customers, suppliers and internal departments and obtain a deep functional knowledge of the organization, performance measures, priorities and information flows.
- Optimize spend for the company. Work with Head of category within Sourcing and business leaders to develop and manage supply chain/strategic sourcing and enterprise procure-to-pay strategies and solutions to deliver and sustain substantial enterprise expense reductions, efficient procurement processes and actionable data and reporting.
- Manage the most complex/strategically important supplier and vendor relationships to ensure all align with enterprise objectives.
- Drive process improvement and productivity initiatives
- Risk Management
- Ensure a strong control environment is in place to manage operational, third-party, compliance and reputational risk in all operations.
- Ensure local (country) statutory compliances are met.
- Adherence to the Enterprise Third Party Risk Management framework
- An understanding of the OCC Guidance of Third Party Risk – (2013-29) bulletin would be an advantage
- Local oversight of Enterprise Support teams. Manage teams supporting the Professional Services category sourcing for the Enterprise. Integrate global delivery capabilities and local I&P support into a single operating structure.
Market Skills and Certifications:
Required to have 15+ years’ experience in supply chain management, preferably with a multinational corporation, with 8+ years in senior category management roles
Experience with in-house centres in SEZ and PEZA zones supporting the US would be a distinct advantage.
Qualifications – Graduate. Professional degree or Post Graduate preferred.
Experiences should include familiarity with sourcing of products and services across professional services.
Should have managed responsibility of at least $100 Million in spend.
Must have good understanding of global trends and practices in supply chain management.
Experience with standard industry platforms, especially SAP/Ariba will be preferred.
Must be able to demonstrate true results in impacting business outcomes and must be an innovative leader.
Demonstrated experience and comfort leading/partnering in a highly matrixed organization with positive results.
Ability to handle multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines, coupled with a commitment to the highest quality standards and an eye for detail
Team player, with the ability to gain confidence and trust at all levels of the organization, leveraging networks and overall strength of the enterprise
Proven change management experience with solid decision making skills and analytical ability.
Proven strong relationship management skills and demonstrated success in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at senior levels across lines of business as well as with corporate partners and external vendors.
Excellent people management experience including coaching, teaching and mentoring of team members
Demonstrates a high degree of reliability, integrity, and trustworthiness in all areas
Takes ownership for responsibilities and for management of risk exposure.
A seasoned, relationship-driven executive who will have the style and sensitivity to work within a highly complex business environment. Multi-cultural sensitivity a must.
Exhibits excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Demonstrated expertise in Project Management, Stakeholder Engagement, People Leadership, leveraging Technology and Quality. Exhibits commitment to delivery of quality work products.
Good understanding of Six Sigma, Lean, etc. and a track record of continuous improvement through usage of the above quality tools. Experienced in process improvement and quality frameworks.