About the Role:
Senior Audit Manager (AVP) to lead audits as AIC/supervises and oversees or audit engagements as directed by senior management and may also participate in audits generally as subject matter expert. Senior Audit Managers demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge that includes technology, operational, financial, and regulatory understanding across multiple businesses and may develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area. Senior Audit Manager may or may not have administrative responsibility of team members. Ensures audit engagements are risk-based, and executed according to Audit policies and guidance. Provides timely feedback, coaching and monitoring of audit work and staff. Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements.
· Manages defined audits within one or more segments of the Audit Plan.
· Accountable for supervision and oversight of assigned audits.
· Provides timely feedback, coaching and monitoring of audit work and staff.
· Develops and maintains strong business relationships within Audit and with teams across and other stakeholders.
· Assists in planning and organizing work in an annual cycle, not just project cycle.
· Ensures audit engagements are risk-based, and executed according to Audit policies and guidance.
· 15-20 years of experience in one or a combination of the following audit or risk functions: covering risk identification, mitigation and management (includes audit, legal, operational risk, compliance risk, credit risk, market risk, technology risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for risk.)
· 6+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS or BA degree or higher
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements. Similar to Auditor-in-Charge responsibilities.
- Strong regulatory knowledge, particularly related to consumer lending and consumer businesses and banking
- Issue validation, regulatory validation, and remediation experience
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager designation
- Retail or commercial line of business knowledge and experience, such as performance management, ethics line, compliance, complaints, and consent order work
- Model and model risk understanding and experience
- Combination of compliance and audit experience
- Knowledge and experience with capital markets, market risk or counterparty credit risk
- Experience with reporting, audit methodologies, skills gap assessments, project management, training, early talent, recruiting, audit tools and technology support
Knowledge and experience with consumer lending processes, risks and controls; in particular home, auto and credit card lending