The Controllers Division delivers subject matter expertise, counsel, governance, and oversight for all controllership activities to the business units and staff groups. The Controller’s division includes the Accounting Business Unit Support (ABUS) functional areas.
The COSO Remediation Team (CRT) is part of the ABUS and its mission is to effectively and efficiently remediate COSO issues across the organization and prevent future control deficiencies. CRT provides centralized resources to the Controller organization with COSO remediation efforts that impact Regulatory and SEC reporting, facilitates issue onboarding and closure in the SHRP platform, and develops and implements corrective action and preventative risk mitigation controls and solutions.
About the Role:
The role requires a deep, developed understanding of enterprise finance functional areas and accounting operations for financial, regulatory, risk and management reporting to support the enterprise. Additionally, expectations include working with business partners in conducting in-depth research, analysis, interpretation, review and assessment of report issues and findings. The team member is expected to work multiple functions and strategies within Finance, Accounting, Regulatory, Risk, Operations as well as multiple strategic initiatives across the organization in parallel with the below daily responsibilities and requirements. Domain Finance knowledge is required to lead the analysis of highly complex business problems across business units, identify options and/or recommendations, execute and deliver solutions, seeking opportunities for automation of process solutions and process improvements for efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provide remediation support, consultation and subject matter expertise for process and internal control remediation efforts.
• Lead and support multiple COSO remediation projects, completing tasks and deliverables as defined and assigned.
• Lead implementation of complex projects and/or initiatives impacting multiple lines of business across the enterprise.
• Develop and build strong relationships and effective communication processes with customers, partners and stakeholders.
• Effective collaboration with internal partners including Issue Management and Reporting (IM&R), Enterprise Data Remediation (EDR), COSO Testing and etc.
• Critical assessment of corrective actions to ensure accurate root cause analysis addressing strategic solutioning and leading to a sustainable solution.
• Serve as a key change agent in building/adopting best practices for continuous improvement of the control environment.
• Complete remediation project status reporting; escalate issues to management in a timely manner.
• Complete other special projects as assigned.
• May directly or indirectly manage other consultants or a small group of consultants.
- Qualified CA/CFA/ICWA/MBA/Bachelor’s/ Post graduate up to 9 years of experience in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Ability to work in changing priorities and deadlines both independently and within team environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform complex analyses, draw conclusions, and communicate recommendations to business leaders